MovNat Ground Movement
Time & Location
About the Event
Times: 7:15pm for 1 hour
Dates: Tuesday February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Fee: $90 for the course ($25/class)
This course focuses on the ground movement skills of MovNat Natural Movement, with a particular focus on efficient crawling technique, and building a smooth, fluid roll with control of direction, speed, and distance. We will look at the key elements of each skill, a number of exercise "stepping stones" that we can use to build those skills, common inefficiencies that we want to strive to eliminate, practical applications of each skill in daily life as well as in emergency situations, and the philosophy of how to approach skill training from a MovNat perspective.
- Front crawl, inverted crawl
- Contra-lateral patterning
- How to crawl quickly
- Transitions from standing, walking, running
- Crawling on a balancing surface (2x4)
- Forward & backward roll with developmental exercises
- Transitions from kneeling, squatting standing, & crawling
- How to control the direction, distance, and speed of your roll
- Prone, supine, and lateral break-fall
- Transitions from kneeling, standing, walking, bring pushed
Ground Movement Transitions
- Transitions through different sitting positions, methods of getting up from the ground, and more.
By the end of this course you will have a grasp of the skills we covered, a plethora of developmental exercises to add to your "toolbox", and resources where you can review what we covered in the course. You will have progressed in all the skills we covered, and you will know what you have to do from where you stand to continue to develop. your ability.